Initial sobriety is rightly hailed as a recovery milestone. However, by itself, it only has limited value. Why? Unless you find ways to fortify your sobriety, it will likely be short-lived. To create durable, lasting abstinence, you need help:
- Understanding how SUDs affect your brain and behavior
- Coming to grips with the full impact of your SUD on your ability to function
- Addressing issues in your life that make a return to drinking or drug use more likely
- Recognizing the situations that increase your drug or alcohol urges
- Devising effective strategies to cope with life’s daily challenges without resorting to substance use
All of these goals are attainable with help from an active SUD treatment program. The top resources for this kind of program are various forms of psychotherapy. Medication also helps improve recovery from certain SUDs possible.
Excel features customized treatment plans for all manner of SUDs. In all cases, we’ll match you to options that maximize your support for enduring substance abstinence. For more details, talk to us today.
Additional Forms of Support at an Essex County Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center
Effective rehab facilities tend to offer more than just treatment for substance problems. That’s true because many people in recovery need additional help for issues such as:
You may also need help planning your life after rehab, joining a 12-step group, or reentering the workforce. Excel offers programs that help you address these and other recovery-related concerns. Talk to us today to learn more about our full slate of options.