Some physical and behavioral signs of cocaine/crack addiction include:
- Rapid breathing
- Increased heart rate
- Clammy skin or excessive sweating
- Abnormal sleeping patterns
- Bouts of high energy with crash or sleeping through the following day
- Reduced hygiene
- Dilated pupils
- Difficulty with memory or concentration
- Nervous movements
- Nosebleeds and dryness around the nostrils
How is cocaine/crack used?
Using cocaine requires proximity to absorptive mucous and highly vascularized tissues. While cocaine is snorted in powdered form, crack is vaporized in a specialized pipe. One method of use delivers a response in the brain in as fast as a couple of minutes, but others can take much longer. Chronic users of cocaine/crack find that they need doses every hour or every half an hour. Cocaine addiction is one of the tougher habits to quit, but at Excel Treatment Center there’s help available.