Getting started is simple
Starting treatment for an alcohol, drug or mental health issue is easier than many people think.
Step 1. Schedule your initial assessment
- Call our office at (973) 989-7500. If we’re unavailable, expect a callback within an hour.
- Give us a short description of why you’re seeking treatment so we can schedule your appointment with the most appropriate Excel clinician.
- Appointments are generally scheduled within 24 hours. Same-day appointments may also be available.
- Planning to file with your insurance? Give us your insurance details. Prior to your appointment, we’ll verify coverage and tell you exactly what your insurer will pay, and what you’ll pay yourself.
- Self-pay? See our rates in the FAQ below.
Step 2. Complete your initial assessment
- Prior to your appointment, complete our New Client Forms. Give the completed forms to the Admissions Coordinator when you arrive.
- Your initial assessment will take about 90 minutes.
- You’ll receive a treatment recommendation at the end of your assessment.
- You’ll also schedule your first appointment with your primary therapist at the end of your assessment.
- If another treatment provider is a better choice for you than Excel, we’ll refer you and make sure you can get a prompt appointment.
Step 3. Meet with your primary therapist
- Your primary therapist will collaborate with you to develop a detailed treatment plan.
What happens during the initial assessment?
You’ll meet with a licensed clinician who will discuss the information you provided on your new client forms as well as a range of other topics including:
- Your individual and family history
- Your medical history
- Your attitudes, feelings and experiences in various situations
They’ll use this information to determine the most appropriate treatment recommendation for you.
What are your self-pay rates, if I don’t plan to file an insurance claim?
We’ll provide a complete self-pay fee schedule during your initial assessment. As of January 1, 2017, self-pay rates include:
- Initial assessment $150
- Psychiatric evaluation $250
- Individual treatment and counseling $65/hour
- Adult intensive outpatient program $100/contact-day
We accept all major credit cards.
How long does treatment last?
- Focused individual or parent coaching: 1 – 2 appointments
- Solution-focused brief therapy: 4 – 5 appointments
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: 6 – 8 appointments
- Adult intensive outpatient program: 6 – 10 weeks