Does this sound familiar?
- Rochelle, 34, wants to “unlearn” behaviors she developed as the child of parents who both abused alcohol
- Jarrett, 27, has bipolar disorder (manic-depression) and wants to get a better handle on ways to handle mood shifts and stick to daily routines
- Meredith, 42, has had mixed results from anxiety medication and is still looking for more answers
- Chevelle, 12, has ADD/ADHD and needs help staying focused in school and at home
- Suzan, 50, desperately needs a listening ear after suddenly learning that her husband lost his job months ago due to drug and alcohol problems
Difficulty concentrating, unending anxiety or panic, trying to overcome difficult past experiences or work through really tough spots in important relationships — these are just some of the problems life throws at us.
You’re not alone.
If you’re worried about yourself — or friends and family are concerned — calm, non-judgemental help is truly just a call away. You don’t have to figure it out by yourself.
We can help.
Our fully-licensed therapists provide a supportive, peaceful environment. We help you understand what you’re going through, and help you find new ways of dealing with it — so you can truly look forward to every day.
We offer individual, family and group counseling for emotional distress, adjustment disorders, behavioral problems and mental health issues, including:
- Anger, anxiety, depression, panic, and other mood and adjustment disorders
- ADD/ADHD and other social and academic adjustment disorders
- Bipolar or manic-depressive disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Family and relationship issues
- Combination therapy for clients receiving both psychiatric medication and outpatient counseling
In your therapy sessions, you’ll:
- Learn to see your own actions, behaviors, thoughts, feelings and motivations clearly
- Understand them in the context of your relationships with those around you
- Develop less stressful, more successful ways of thinking and behaving that lead to the outcomes you want, using science-based techniques like cognitive-behavioral therapy
We have specialized training to help you feel better and find your way forward as quickly as possible, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT).
Are you covered by insurance?
Our fees are typically lower than those of other NJ providers:
- Initial assessment $150
- Individual therapy or counseling $65/hour
- Initial psychiatric evaluation $250
- Subsequent psychiatric consultations $125/hour
We accept all major credit cards.
How long does treatment usually take?
We don’t want you to be a client forever. While each client’s needs are unique, these are typical timeframes for many clients:
- Focused individual or parent coaching: 1 – 2 appointments
- Solution-focused brief therapy: 4 – 5 appointments
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: 6 – 8 appointments
Some clients complete their initial round of treatment and then return periodically when life throws a new challenge at them, or they need a fresh perspective, new approaches to an old problem, or a listening and non-judgemental ear.
This is especially helpful if you’re dealing with a stressful and ongoing life situation, like a troubled child or a spouse or partner struggling with drug or alcohol issues.